Monday, May 16, 2011

My To Do List

Today is a beautiful sunny day, but cold as we head into winter (Yes Queensland can be cold). I have many things on my today list.
  1. Write this blog.
  2. Have a shower (very important).
  3. Take little Scooby for a walk.
  4. Get some new cards up on Etsy (This one is WAY overdue).
  5. And practise my craft (in this case art but I should really work on some short stories too).
For number 5 I plan to implement a exercise I read about in the backlogs of Melissa Haslam's Blog, in which she glued a picture of an artist she liked into her visual journal and drew off of it mimicking their style and technique.
The pictures I have chosen to do this with are as follows;

Spring by Alphonse Mucha, 1896.

 Island of the Dead by Arnold Bocklin.

 Merlin by Alan Lee, 1999.

 Waiting by Audrey Kawasaki.

 By Brett Manning.

 Andromeda by Edward Burne-Jones, 1888.

 Metamorphoses by Kelly Mckennan, 2009.

And of course the woman who gave me the idea in the first place; Paper Cranes by Melissa Haslam, it was incredibly difficult to choose which of her painting/drawings to use.


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...