Monday, May 16, 2011

My To Do List

Today is a beautiful sunny day, but cold as we head into winter (Yes Queensland can be cold). I have many things on my today list.
  1. Write this blog.
  2. Have a shower (very important).
  3. Take little Scooby for a walk.
  4. Get some new cards up on Etsy (This one is WAY overdue).
  5. And practise my craft (in this case art but I should really work on some short stories too).
For number 5 I plan to implement a exercise I read about in the backlogs of Melissa Haslam's Blog, in which she glued a picture of an artist she liked into her visual journal and drew off of it mimicking their style and technique.
The pictures I have chosen to do this with are as follows;

Spring by Alphonse Mucha, 1896.

 Island of the Dead by Arnold Bocklin.

 Merlin by Alan Lee, 1999.

 Waiting by Audrey Kawasaki.

 By Brett Manning.

 Andromeda by Edward Burne-Jones, 1888.

 Metamorphoses by Kelly Mckennan, 2009.

And of course the woman who gave me the idea in the first place; Paper Cranes by Melissa Haslam, it was incredibly difficult to choose which of her painting/drawings to use.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...