Monday, September 5, 2011

Mermaids

In honour of my most viewed blog post, 'Pirates of the Caribbean and Those Mermaid Vampire Things' I am doing another mermaid themed post just few pics, nothing specific, here goes.

Lttle Mermaid by Norman Lindsay.

Mermaid by Franz Von Stuck.


Mermaid's at Play by Arnold Bocklin.

The Mermaid by Charles Haslewood Shannon.

A race with Mermaids and Tritons by Collier Twentyman Smithers.

Catching a Mermaid by James Clarke Hook.

Mermaids Frolicking in the Sea by Charles Edouard Boutibonne, 1883.

A Mermaid by John William Waterhouse, 1901.

The Mermaid by Howard Pyle, 1919.
P.S. the date is questionable on this one, I got it from Wikimedia which also puts Pyle's death at 1911, sooo... yeah.

Going through my post list I've just realised a terrible glitch to the system, Saturday's Wild Things was not my 100th post, I had a few double up drafts which were being counted in my total and this post is only my 99th making my next post my 100th. Tragic though this may be I believe with the support of our friends and family we can make it through.
I'll see you next time for my actual 100th post.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog, it's just up my street.

    I've had a go at being a mermaid myself, it wasn't one of my better looks, I have to say.
    At least I tried.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :)
    I always wanted to be a mermaid when I was younger, now I'd probably go for something more like a Valkyrie or a Nymph:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...