Friday, April 22, 2011

Picture of the Week: Byron Style

So I'm currently in Byron Bay and loving it with my cousin. Were not going to the Blues Fest, but were having a great time nonetheless.
On my first day here we got the local paper and on the cover was a picture by Hieronymus Bosch, and here it is.

The Garden of Earthly Delights, 1480-1490 or 1503-1504.


In the news paper only the middle panel was featured which is full of lots of sexy naked people running around and being naked. The left panel is most likely God showing Adam and Eve the Garden of Eden, and the right panel is a hellish landscape which, if you ask me, stands out from the other two because of it's radically different colour scheme.


In other news, I went to an arts supply store yesterday and got a couple of watercolour sketch books and a book about 15th Century Art (pictured below).




To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...