Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Autumn

So here in the Southern Hemisphere, and more specifically Australia/Queensland/Cap... (no I’m not going to give you my address) it is autumn, a beautiful season, when leaves change colour and a cool chill begins to play on the breeze. Actually at my house there’s only one tree that has the decency to shed its leaves, and even then it never gets completely bare. But nevertheless autumn is a beautiful season, and here to prove that fact, a few friends of mine…


 Autumn by Alphonse Mucha, 1896 and 1897.


Autumn by Giuseppe Arcimboldo, 1572 and 1573.

Autumn by Robert Tournieres, 1718.

Beauty in the Autumn Wood by Maurice Denis, 1892.

Falling Leaves an Allegory of Autumn by Hugues Merle, 1872.

An Autumn Pastoral by François Boucher, 1749.
Autumn Leaf and Autumn Storm by Sulamith Wülfing. 

So I'm off to Byron in a few hours, I'll try my darndest to keep to my posting schedule while away, but If I slip up I trust you will forgive me :) enjoy the autumn months (ok and spring for those up north).


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...