Monday, March 28, 2011

Warriors

This weekend I bought Sims MEDIEVAL! It’s re-heely fun (though your sims don’t age which saddens me). I honour of the awesomeness of Sims MEDIEVAL today I bring you Warriors, knights being one of the hero types you can choose in Sims MEDI-cough cough-EVAL!

Profile of a Warrior in Armour by Leonardo Da Vinci (1480).

Armed Warrior on Horseback by Totoya Hokkei.

Theseus and Ariadne by Virginia Frances Sterrett (1921).

War Maiden by Ben Boos (Sword. Cambridge: Candle Wick Press, 2008.)


Illustration by N.C. Wyeth from page 306 of The Boy’s King Arthur in which Arthur and Mordred do battle (1922).

The Planet Mars. I got this picture from the book Mythology: Myths, Legends, & Fantasies by Dr. Alice Mills. It’s a fabulous resource for a well rounded look at mythology around the world and it has a lot of beautiful and diverse pictures.

I want this blog to be a success and by that I mean totally awesome so I thought I’d ask for some feedback. Anything you like or don’t like about this blog (If you don’t like anything about this blog you probably never will, I’m looking for constructive criticism). What do you want from this blog? Do you want to know about the artists, the artworks or the stories behind them. What do you want from me? Do you like to hear what’s going on in my life, or should I simply stick to the pictures, do you like it when I talk weird or would you prefer me to be utterly serious (there is no middle ground! Ok there is would you prefer a happy medium). Things along these lines, and please don’t be afraid to be the first to comment, I want to hear from you, and hopefully hearing from you will make this a better more interesting blog.


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

3 comments:

  1. I personally think you are doing a wonderful job at presenting the blog! I think the stories behind the pictures will be very interesting, gives us all a little background! And pop in a few things about yourself too...I like to know and recognise traits with the author of whatever I'm reading. So as I said, you are doing wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. I really love the Profile of a Warrior in Armour by Leonardo Da Vinci, whats the story behind it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks alot Joyce :)
    Unfortunately I don't know the story behind Leonardo da Vinci's portrait I just thought the armour looked wonderfully fantastical and couldn't go past that face (I was going to model my sims knight after him but got a default handsome one and didn't have the heart to change it, I did give him a weak constitution though).
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...