Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Playing with Colour Pens

Yesterday I decided to play around with some colour pens, do some doodling.
I realised I hadn't doodled in a while, probably not since uni. I think I've been taking my art way to seriously lately, stressing out about it and not just enjoying it. Anyway yesterday was a lot of fun, I might try it again today.

 This one is actually an older sketch that I went over in pen (my attempt on a monster).

 Alice of Alice in Wonderland. This is when I really just let go and had fun. I started with a circle and nothing really specific in mind and ended up with a quirky dress and a girl.
 I used to do this sort of thing a lot in the margins of my exercise books in high school, not the girls, but the shapes fitting into each other. I didn't try to be too neat, which normally I do, and I hope that's part of it's charm.

Who else but the Queen of Hearts. I think with a bigger dress things got a bit convoluted, I still like it though. After this it all got a bit too contrived I started picking the shapes more deliberately and that ruined the freshness, I'd even draw the head in before finishing the dress.

Now I just have to decide what to do about the bodies, do I do them in dark pencil or go over in black pen??


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...