Monday, March 14, 2011

Nymphs Part 1: Old


I had quite the busy weekend this weekend. Friday night drinks in the city for a friend’s 22nd birthday, Saturday night House warming, Sunday lazy afternoon BBQ (gotta admit I sleepwalked through this one but it was perfect after the last two nights). The result of this weekend? A heck of a lot of fun and a touch of inspiration. A friend at the BBQ was wearing this dreamy pale peachy pink maxi dress and a headband, that I’m finding difficult to describe, but basically a row of black fabric not completely opened roses along her head. Ah, gorgeous, and now I am totally feeling nymphs, so get your engines in gear and prepare for some beautiful ethereal images. Are you ready? Good let’s go.

The Cave of the Storm Nymphs by Sir Edward John Poynter (1903)

The Water Nymph by Herbert Draper (1908).

Echo by Alexandre Cabanel (1887).

Nymphe et Satyre by Alexandre Cabanel (1860).

Hylas and the Nymphs by John William Waterhouse (1896). When it comes to nymphs you can’t go wrong with Waterhouse.

To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...