Monday, April 25, 2011

The Three Graces

The Three Graces can be found in Greek (Charites) and Roman (Gratiae) mythology. They're really just a version of the triple goddess (maiden, mother and crone) though you'll find in the pictures below all three are pretty young and beautiful. From youngest to oldest they are named: Aglaea ("Splendor"), Euphrosyne ("Mirth"), and Thalia ("Good Cheer")

 Michael Parkes, 2004.

 Peter Paul Rubens, 1636-40.

 George Frederick Watts.

 Gennady Privedentsev.


 Emile Vernon.
Hans Baldung.

Koloman Moser.


Raphael, 1504-5.

Lucas Cranach the elder.


Brett Manning, 2009. 
I don’t actually know if this in any way connected to the three graces, but there’re three of them and I like it so I’m going to go with it. (http://brettisagirl.com/)

I'm still in Byron, go home in two days but I don't want leave, I love it here even if I am exhausted from walking everywhere and pretty much being on my feet and doing stuff from 7/8 to midnight or later each day.

Yesterday my cousin and I went shopping and I found a t-shirt with a picture on it by the talented Brisbane artist Courtney Brims at Billabong (and it was half price!)


Today My cousin got an awesome wreath for her hair
 and I was sooo jealous I made my own.
Isn't it awesome (it's a few hours old now so it might look a bit limp but in its prime it was the best!!).


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...