Friday, October 11, 2013

Picture of the Week

I haven't done a Picture of the Week post since January 2012. Shocking I know, especially since it's the easiest post to do, as such I thought I better make this one a twofer.

The Magic Cup by Arthur Rackham, 1908

From the Secret Garden by Charles Robinson, 1911

What interests me here, and the reason I put these two images together, are the similarities in imagery and composition despite the different subject matter and artists. The vegetation in the back ground, young girl's looking down into a body of water, even the goblins and cup in Rackham's piece remind me of the cherub and fish fountain in Robinson's. 

I found both these pictures on one of my favourite boards on Pinterest, Illustration Station by Fiona Lusby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...