Friday, April 29, 2011

Thor


Yes, you guessed it, I saw the Marvel comic book movie Thor yesterday. I liked it, even if it was directed by (ugh) Kenneth Branagh (don't blame me, blame the three Branagh films I was forced to watch in my final year of high school including four hours of Hamlet (oddly enough Hamlet is still my favourite Shakespeare play)).


 A Marvel Comic Book illustration of Thor.

Thor by Johannes Gehrts.

Thor by Arthur Rackham.

And now for some pictures of other well known mythological figures found in the comics and the film.

Odin and Sons from the 12th century.

The Punishment of Loki by Louis Huard.

Frigga Spinning the Clouds by John Charles Dollman.


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

2 comments:

  1. This is probably more applicable to some of your other blogs but I wondered if you'd seen the work of the artist "Shag". He does Greek myths and so on but in the style of bold, almost 50s style illustration. It's pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info I shall definately investigate :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...